Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
($z refers to svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main on my system)

Where does this put the code that I'd be changing?

Uh, you checked it out (first line: svn co).

Sorry, I'm used to things like "python setup.py install" putting all manner of things in all manner of weird places ;-)

Dependencies will be downloaded from PyPI (or any other index you specify) as eggs.

Cool.

There's python setup.py develop, which will also install the checked out thing as a development egg,

What does that mean? Which python files would I edit to make changes in this case?

Also, you don't get a test runner this easily (though we should probably make python setup.py test work at some point, it currently doesn't work).

I might be interested in making that happen ;-)

What still needs to be done? I'm imagining just plumbing the 'test' action through to running the zope.testing testrunner, or is there more to it than that?

The neat thign about the buildout way is that

- it's an absolute no-brainer

If you know what magic to incant ;-)

- it's completely self-contained (nothing is installed outside that one directory, unless you explicitly allow that).

This *is* a good thing :-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk