Jim Fulton a écrit :

On Feb 22, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Christophe Combelles wrote:

Hi,

It seems that the 'versions' information in a buildout has a priority over 'develop'?

Yup

What I wanted is to use the exact versions of the KGS:
extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg
versions = versions

Then for a particular egg (say, z3c.menu), use a develop-egg instead:
develop = . z3c.menu

However the develop-egg is never used, because of the version information.

Shouldn't the 'develop' directive have a priority?

Martijn Faassen thinks so:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/164043

Despite my response to him, I'm not entirely sure. I'm curious what other people think,

Or is there another way to to what I want?

As you found out, you can simply override the version in your buildout/

I don't have enough experience with all the use cases of buildout and the develop-eggs, but at a first glance, I find it more logical to give priority to 'develop': 'develop' is supposed to point to a real path containing a setup.py, so when defining a develop-egg, you clearly indicate that you want *that* path, whathever version this develop-egg defines.

Christophe

Jim

--
Jim Fulton