On 2008-04-07 09:25:28 +0200, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Previously Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
On 2008-04-07 03:41:34 +0200, "Marcelo de Moraes Serpa"

This might sound lik a stupid question, but I couldn't find any simple
solution or answer for this anywhere else, so hopefully someone in this
knows the answer.

I'm using zope.formlib to generate a simple contact form. It is simple and
effective. But the framework complicates for simple things such as setting
the size of a textfield. I don't want all the textfields to be of the same
size - I want that, depending on the field, the size of the html input will
vary. And that's exactly what I couldn't do as of yet. Does anyone know how
could I set the size of a textfield?

Take this as example:

Telefone = schema.TextLine(title=_(u"Telefone para Contato"),

Is there an attribute like size or something?

No, use CSS for layout. :)

That depends on the type of input you want to influence. For text
<input> elements the size attribute indicates the maximum number of
characters a user can input in the field, and you can not control
that using CSS.

Well, okay. But still this information must not be put into the schema/interface but in the form.

Often you also want to put a different CSS class or id on the different
type of <input> fields. You do not want your checkboxes to be just
as wide as your text input fields!

a) input[type="text"]
b) You should have the widget id/name as id on the input field or some containing div.

Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891