Tres Seaver schreef:
Daniel Nouri wrote:
1.0dev-r27844 seems to be gone from PyPI.

Such a version should *never* have been "released" to PyPI (any egg /
source dist with an SVN revision number in its filename is *not*
suitable for sharing with the wider world).

I've made it a habit *not* to enable the option in setup.cfg that adds those svn revision numbers to the version. It is enabled by default in all/most of the ZopeSkel-generated packages that I use.

That single change forces me to maintain a proper version number in the ("0.9 dev 3" for development versions). That is the spot where you make a change anyway when doing a release. It is waaaay too easy to forget to remove the subversion revision option from setup.cfg (and having to enable it again after the release).

Somehow it helps :-)

Reinout van Rees          Blog:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          Work:          Video: