Wichert Akkerman schreef:
Previously Reinout van Rees wrote:
Tres Seaver schreef:
Daniel Nouri wrote:
1.0dev-r27844 seems to be gone from PyPI.
Such a version should *never* have been "released" to PyPI (any egg /
source dist with an SVN revision number in its filename is *not*
suitable for sharing with the wider world).
I've made it a habit *not* to enable the option in setup.cfg that adds those svn revision numbers to the version. It is enabled by default in all/most of the ZopeSkel-generated packages that I use.

I recently started adding that option again for some of my projects. For
a few frequently updated sites I do a lot of updates & installs without
making full releases and it is extremely convenient to be able to see
which exact revision number I'm currently using.

Those are probably private and not on pypi, I guess? Or do you do that for a few pypi'ed packages, too? I basically don't trust myself enough to enable it for public packages :-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          Work: http://zestsoftware.nl/