Tres Seaver wrote:
>> I guess it must be, since calling an interface already does some adaptation.
> No, there is no dependency:  zope.interface defines a hook point that
> zope.component uses.  In the absence of zope.component, zope.interface
> uses a default implementation.

That sound pretty icky. What does this implementation do? Would a
similar implementation be needed for the 'adapt' method or do we just
raise a ComponentLookupError in the default implementation?

How do we test this different type of behaviour?
How do we test that zope.component provides the right hooks and that
they get called correctly?