Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:38, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Note that Jim never explained to me how he does these audits, but I gathered
>>> some methods he used in conversations. I think I did a pretty thorough job
>>> during the review.
>> Yeah, this disturbs me a lot still though :-S
> I know the feeling. :) I completely trust that Stephan did a good job
> if he thinks he did, but I would be happy if we could gather a bunch
> of smart people to spread the knowledge. Maybe a security review
> sprint at PyCon, or somesuch? I'd like to hang in a corner and suck up
> the smartness. :)
> Or, I'd love to help in a sprint to move to security proxies. It's a
> major job of course, and the minimal job is to make proxies that
> replicate the current very complex and idiosyncratic Zope2 security.
> At least such a sprint should be able to locate any big problems and
> "impossibilities" so we can think of a path to fix that.

Ugh.  -1 to any attempt to use "space suits" in Z2.  I would rather move
to a model which made it easy to mark some / all TTW objects as
"trusted", disabling security checks altogether:  the "untrusted users
can edit TTW code" use case is pretty much irrelevant for any site I
have worked on, with the exception of "old Zope.org", in ten years of
working with Zope.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)