On Tuesday 10 March 2009, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> > Either you have a dependency and declare it or you don't have a
> > dependency. Since we don't want to use "extras" anymore, I think this
> > calls for another package which depends on zope.password and zope.schema.
> I still don't like/get the idea of creating and maintaining extra
> package that merely contains a vocabulary factory for another package.
> Whatever, I reverted that change. Roger, just exclude
> zope.app.authentication's "password.zcml" file, include
> "zope.password" explicitly and define your own vocabulary.

I think we have become dependency paranoid. And we embrace package
proliferation instead, which in my opinion is equally bad. If you really hate
the dependency, make it an extra requires. I know that goes against the
latest guidelines as well...*sigh*

My big problem here is that we dismiss all solutions but new packages. We want
to minimize dependencies and not have extra includes. The only choice left is
a separate package. We should, however try to make the number of packages a
parameter too.

Stephan Richter
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"