Christian Theune wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 17:27 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> Stephan Richter wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> +1. I want more of our decisions to go into this direction. It is a sign
>>> that
>>> we turn the # of packages knob as well.
>> I agree with you in the case against extras.
>> It appears though that Dan has a concrete use case for using
>> zope.password in a Pylons app where he isn't interested in
>> zope.component, so I'm +1 on the extra in this case. We'll see whether
>> this leads to difficulties. Luckily the zope.component and zope.schema
>> libraries are typically around anyway so it doesn't make reasoning about
>> the graph that much harder.
> I remember that at the sprint we used to identify packages which are
> "always good". E.g. zope.interface is a declared no-brainer to add to
> your dependencies. The other two that keep popping up that we *might*
> wanna white-list are zope.schema and zope.component.

That woould imply the transitive closure of their dependencies, which
would be:

- - zope.event

- - zope.i18nmessageid

- - zope.interface

- - zope.component

- - zope.schema

We would need to finish trimming off the zope.component extras, first.
Once done, those pacakges are all essentially "libraries," and could be
managed as a "chunk."

> In addition this would need documentation as well.

Fleshing out the in-package narrative docs for those packages (or
perhaps for the set?) would be pretty valuable, too.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)