Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> But you can use a lot of the Zope Toolkit with Zope 2.10, which is an
>>> enormous benefit.
>> No, you can't, as far as I can tell. You'd have to remove Zope 3
>> entirely from Zope 2.10, and Plone relies on Zope 3, so this sounds
>> unfeasible. The burden of evidence is on the people making this claim.
> Sorry, but we do this all the time. Thanks to buildout and explicit
> version pins its a piece of cake to get a zope.i18n 3.6 or whatever
> version used instead of the zope.i18n shipped inside the Zope2 tarball.
> I haven't done a project for more than two years now where I didn't
> upgrade one of the zope.* packages with some newer version.

Since we moved stuff around a lot, it isn't just a matter of upgrading a
few packages here and there. Matters can be quite surprising. See
elsewhere in the thread where I describe troublesome scenarios.

Perhaps even with these surprises things work well enough for people to
have a working Plone install after this is done.