On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <j...@dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2013, at 15:40 , Leonardo Rochael Almeida <leoroch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I took a quick look at the Zope migration now and I think it's
>> excellent. The only thing I'd add is that I'd also migrate branches
>> 2.12 and 2.13 branches since they're all active, even if just for
>> bug/security fixes.
>
> I did not choose to include or exclude any branch. The test migration uses
> the package used to migrate most Plone packages from SVN to GitHub, which
> uses svn2git underneath. If there's whole branches missing the migration has
> obviously failed.

I had a bunch of problems with ZODB and the ruby svn2git.  That's why
I wrote my own based on seeing what the ruby version was trying
to do. Note that most of the heavy lifting is actually done by the git
svn plugin.

> If you want to help you could try a migration with the attached Python script
> that Jim wrote as a result of finding bugs in svn2git. I can provide you with
> a suitable authors mapping file.

I've been waiting to make the script more publicly available in a saner fashion
until I've worked with it some more.  I should just make it a gist.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton