On 9/27/06, tweeks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 27 September 2006 10:37 am, Justizin wrote:

> Tom - do you know if Rackspace's nameservers are capable of serving up
> a slave copy of a zone which is managed at ZoneEdit.com?

We don't do that any longer on our main geo-load balanced ns and ns2

We do have a "sec-only" name server that we will slave off a customer's
master.  But a) it's not tied in with myrackspace/DNS tool (big deal).. and
b) it is HA, but it's not geo-HA.

That would benefit us, I think.

> We'd like to
> de-centralize the zope.org zone so that no one individual or
> organization such as Zope Corp are responsible for / in control of it.

Well I can't help you on the people side... zero to n individuals are always
going to be responsible...  But yes.. we can hook you guys up with our
sec-only name service.  Here's a KB article on the topic:
        Can Rackspace provide secondary DNS and let me control my own master

(requires a valid MyRS login)

As the KB article states... our seconly DNS service -
is legacy only offering.. but we do make acceptions. :)

What account is this on? Who's the official PoC?

Chris is the POC - Chris, you should be able to log in and view the link above.

Slave to ns10/12.zoneedit.com

Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter