"Garrett Smith" wrote:

I'd see this being something like a ValueChangedEvent that specified the
object, schema, field name, old value, and new value. This would be a
nice way to bolt on validation without modifying the schema.

Yes, that's exactly what I need for versioning.

Anyone needing more information in ObjectModified can just create a new
event type with the additional info. This seems application specific to
me.

But there is a major problem: How can you reuse an existing infrastructure then? You have
to write all editing views or other components that modify the content objects anew.
In my view ValueChangedEvents are usefull in many applications and for
many purposes (reindexing catalogs, updating views in standalone applications, triggering
external processes etc.). Would it be too much overhead to have them in the framework from
the beginning?

Uwe