Garrett Smith wrote:
Uwe Oestermeier wrote:

In the meanwhile we need a decision, whether the
ObjectContentModifiedEvent should be used in the File._setData
method. I would like to check this solution in. Any objections? The
ObjectContentModifiedEvent class can be removed later on, if noone
else is using it.

-1 if ObjectContentModifiedEvent does't have a clear distinction from
ObjectModifiedEvent. For my part, I don't see a difference in modifying
a 'data' attribute because it's a large number of bytes, versus
modifying a 'title' attribute or some other non-'content' value.

If ObjectModifiedEvent isn't firewhen when a file's data changes, it
should be (assuming people buy my previous point :)

I think the distinction is pretty clear.

We divide information into ordinary/intrinsic and meta/extrinsic informatiom.

IObjectContentModifiedEvent should indicate that intrinsic information
has changed.

IObjectAnnotationsModifiedEvent, which isn't well named, should indicate
that extrinsic/meta information has changed.

I agree that a more precise model might be useful, if one could design one
that made sense. <shrug>

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation