Garrett Smith wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of hypothesizing and we should instead be driven by
hard requirements/use cases.

I think Dieter's use case was a pretty good one. It convinced me.

I think getting modification time "right" is another one.

IIR, the one definite requirement is to provide support for object
versioning. But, as Jim's pointed out, this is probably better handled
at a lowed level, since there's no guarantee *any* event model will be
sufficient.

I'm 99% sure that this event model will not be sufficient for object
versioning.

Jim