Chris Withers wrote:
Tim Peters wrote:
Or you can fetch the compiled .pyds from my member page, as the
current Windows build-bot slaves do (see the "wget PYDs log" and
"unzip PYDs log" steps from the "Windows 2000 fred-win" column at

Sorry, just re-read this, now I'm lost again.
I just assumed the buildbot would build these, since it's well, a build bot?

The current config for Windows fetches the pre-compiled PYDs. That way you aren't required to have the compilers installed. I was just asking to test the waters about people having/installing the compilers in the future.

What exactly IS the buildbot doing then?

It's running the tests, that's what we're interested in.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation