Jim Fulton wrote:

One issue though is that I want to replace ZConfig with a ZConfig
format for zcml. (This would include making ZCML extensible to accept
any other format.) The user experience would be the same, but
extending it would be a lot easier than extensing ZConfig.  I plan to
make a proposal for this in the next few days.

Running ahead of your proposal, I wonder whether you mean using ZConfig's syntax to replace ZCML's syntax, or replace ZConfig's syntax with ZCML syntax. Both are fundamentally different approaches, but I can read either in what you say here. :)

Regards,

Martijn