Martin Aspeli wrote:

... and thus confuse all the people trying to learn Zope 3 by seeing two fundamentally different file formats that do exactly the same thing? Anyone trying to understand anyone else's code would have to learn both anyway. Yay.

They actually look remarkably similar, there's just less empty xml elements in the .conf version. Jim's proposed work emphasises that point, I think...

Personally, I hope .zcml will eventually be forgotten as a historic curiosity, but that would mean I have to actually implement zcml2conf, and there's no danger of that happening any time soon ;-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk