Jeff Shell wrote:
Perhaps it's not the greatest name, but I've become enamored with *lib
names like 'formlib'.

Hmmm. Not the prettiest thing. But it does say "Zope Library". If that
becomes the *core* of the mythical Zope 5, awesome.

This sounds familiar. :-)

Unfortunately, this discussion is too fuzzy for me to understand exactly what's being proposed. How about something concrete: will the Zope 3 in vision #2 have a ZMI, and will typical ZODB objects have a __parent__ and __name__? (Either yes or no is fine, but "maybe" or "sometimes" is a lot harder to interpret.)