Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Thanks to everyone who commented on the first versions of this proposal.
People seem to object changing the old directives. I respect that.

I've therefore changed the proposal to introduce *new* directives. See
http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/TheBrowserPageCompromise once again.

If this will be the recommended way of doing things, I'd hate to have a "browser2" forever or even for the next year. This is just ugly.

I'd prefer to user either a clean new prefix, or a new name in the browser namespace, for example <browser:publish>.

Note that
I'm not mentioning deprecation of the old directives which doesn't mean
I want to do it. Here is a poll:

* Should the old directives be deprecated? (I think so)

Yes.

* When should that happen? (I'd say now, meaning Zope 3.3)

ASAP. Dynamic class generation sucks.

* When should they disappear? (I'd say in Zope 3.5)

1 year after deprecation as usual.

Florent