On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:36:37AM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 4/23/06, Andreas Reuleaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think the naming <browser2:page> vs. <browser:publish> vs. ... is
> > not that important as the original name <browser:page> can be
> > reintruduced (with the meaning of the new concept) after the
> > deprecation period, i. e. I am thinking of having two (maybe three or
> > four) different periods:
> We can't deprecate a zcml statement for the introducion of a statement
> that we know is gonna be deprecated. It makes no sense.

Sorry, I wonder if you read my suggestion carefully. In particular
I suggested having a period where only the new (and ugly) statement
is allowed, and only after that to reintroduce the old statment
with a new meaning.

Such things (reintroduction of a known notation with a new meaning)
are happening in the Python language itself as I pointed out,
so I assume it makes some sense.