Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
this is OK for most use cases because packages manage their own domain, but there is a case which I don't know how to solve, i.e. when a package is supposed to register translations into another package's translation domain?.

A po file includes its domain in its header; I'm assuming zope is smart
enough to extract and use that. If not - please fix that :)

In fact, I tried that - it worked in Zope2, but not here. Every time a .po file is loaded a new translation domain is registered as a utility otherwise there is a domain name conflict.

I agree that would be the most elegant solution.