On Aug 11, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
I see what I can do this weekend. I'll look into 673 and see whether I
can make sense of 683.

Christian seems to have a handle on this.

Then why is this issue unassigned? If Theuni is taking all the bugs, I
can just relax and work on my book this weekend yes? Seriously,
Christian, which ones you wanna work on?

He's been pretty good about assigning things to himself that he plans to work on. I don't think he planned to assign it to himself.

He blames it on broken logic in mkzopeinstance.

Yeah. Here's what it does::

   zope_init = os.path.abspath(zope.__file__)
   software_home = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(zope_init))

I wonder what a better way would be to find software_home. Asking where
zope.app is?

Yes

Actually, talking about 683: I once noticed that Zope 3 is declaring
'zope' as a namespace package the setuputils way where as Zope 2 does it the pkg_util way. I wonder which one is the one we should stick with?

I've been meaning to ask Phillip Eby about that.  I'm curious why he
wrote his thing given pkg_util.

Until we get an answer from him, how about Fred's suggestion?

+1

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org