On Sep 5, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:26, Jim Fulton wrote:
I think in the future, we should resist minor api tweaks just to
improve spelling slightly.

I disagree,

OK, we disagree.

if the API violates the style guide. The point of the style guide
is that we have uniform naming. For example, formlib violates the style guide completely. Unfortunately I did not look closer at it before the inclusion in the core, otherwise I would have strongly argued against it until those
violations were fixed.

I cannot remember things well. So uniform naming is very important to me, because it allows me to remember less. Every time I am starting to write UI
code, I have to think: "Okay. I am going to use formlib. Crap, it is
different than the rest. I need to use underscores. Okay." At the end of the day, I am ending up opening form.py to look up things; yes, I have not read
the README yet.

On the subject of the style guide, I think that, given that Python has adopted the underscore-naming scheme, we should do the same. Just as with Python,
it would *not* be necessary to conform existing APIs to a new style.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714