I think this is an excellent idea.  I would've participated myself a
few years ago, and I would do it now if I weren't already involved in
something more lucrative.  Jeff Elkner has a bunch of students
interested in doing projects with Zope3, so I've cc'ed him this email.

I suppose some of Jeff's students may be out of high school by now,
but students need to be at least 18 by April 9, 2007 and enrolled in
an "accredited institution including (but not necessarily limited to)
colleges, universities, masters programs, PhD programs and
undergraduate programs." (see
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60279&topic=10730&ctx=sibling).

I was involved in SoC last year through Creative Commons (as a mentor
and administrator), and I would encourage Zope to apply as a mentoring
organization.  Even though not all our projects completed
successfully, it was valuable to explore some new areas and provided
us with some good feedback on areas that we needed to improve.

Nathan