Dear developers of Zope,

Google is doing Summer of Code this year again. With an entity like the Zope Foundation in place, Zope could participate for the first time.

What do we need to do? Apart from applying to Google as a participating organization, we need

a) mentors.

   It'd be great if some of the Zope core committers would volunteer to
   mentor a student. This doesn't mean you will definitely end up
   mentoring one, just show your willingness.

b) project suggestions.

   The best way to encourage a student to work on Zope would be to
   provide a list of possible projects that s/he could work on. It'd be
   great if each volunteering mentor would suggest at least one project.
   If a student should get accepted for one of those projects, it will
   obviously make a lot of sense if the person who suggested the project
   would mentor him/her.

   Note that student projects should keep a student busy for several
   weeks, though it should not be too hard. Nevertheless, questions
   regarding architecture and design can always be discussed with the
   mentor (this is what s/he is there for) so you don't have to spell it
   all out in advance. A short paragraph describing the project should
   be enough for now.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Criticism? Please let me know.

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5