Hi

On 2007-03-09 13:40:17 +0100, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

On Thursday 08 March 2007 21:06, Roger Ineichen wrote:
Some test do not pass in our application with
the newest Zope3 trunk.

Can somebody explain what's happen to the meta header info.
In our Page Template the following header get lost:

/>

Roger forgot to mention that this is probably due to this checkin:

   See checkin 73025 from zagy:
   ----------------------------
   - zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile introspects the html http-equiv
     header to guess the content encoding. This did not work for XHTML
     content.

   - zope.app.publisher.browser.pagetemplateresource sets the Content-T ype
     header like the other page templates do it.

   This basically fixes page templates in resource directories having a byte order
   mark. Those were delivered as text/plain.

If we do not get an explanation what happens here including a fix, I am goi ng to revert this checkin.

The point is, that a header like

i.e. plain old HTML was going away all along. I made it consistent so there is the same behaviour for HTML and XHTML. What the PT resource does is taking the http-equiv header and making a real HTTP header out of it.

Frankly I have no idea why it is *removing* the http-equiv then. Maybe because it is redundant. But it would be easy to just keep it.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891