Hold! Isn't it so that the meta header is used when reading the file from disk, i.e. to know which charset to decode from? How does this correspond to the encoding (and meta header) used when *serving* that template? I don't think it does at all, and stripping the header on read looks pretty sensible to me.

Stefan

On 19. Mär 2007, at 10:33, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

On 2007-03-10 08:20:04 +0100, "Dieter Maurer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Christian Zagrodnick wrote at 2007-3-9 15:07 +0100:
zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile is removing the header. So it is the pagetemplate, yes. It did so for resources as well. But *only* for the plain HTML header, *not* an XHTML header. I don't see why they should behave different.
While I agree that they should behave identical, I do not see
a reason to remove the header. Why adding additional complexity, which
may introduce bugs (as we have seen)?

Right. I just wonder about the intensions to remove it initially. If nobody objects I will remove the stripping of the HTML header (as time allows).

--
It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams