On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:23:44AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 05 April 2007 09:08, Christian Theune wrote:
> > we're starting work on an application that we're going to use Zope 3.4
> > for and that I'd like to base on the eggs. That should give me the
> > chance to clean up some of the egg dependencies.
>
> Yeah, I wanted to look into some dependencies too, since I noticed that
> zope.pagetemplate will pull in pretty much all of Zope.
>
> I think what we need is a tool that draws us a dependency graph. Is there
> something out there already, at least for creating the dependency graph text
> version? Since all dependencies are specified as an argument to the setup
> function, I would not immediately know how to extract that information,
> except than monkey patching into it.

I have a half-baked tool that analyzes Python module dependencies by
parsing import statements.  It was not as useful as I hoped, as the
graphs produced from SchoolTool sources were big and unwieldy.

Marius Gedminas
--
This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If
the problem persists, contact your vendor or appeal to a higher court.