On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:23:44AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 05 April 2007 09:08, Christian Theune wrote:
> > we're starting work on an application that we're going to use Zope 3.4
> > for and that I'd like to base on the eggs. That should give me the
> > chance to clean up some of the egg dependencies.
> Yeah, I wanted to look into some dependencies too, since I noticed that
> zope.pagetemplate will pull in pretty much all of Zope.
> I think what we need is a tool that draws us a dependency graph. Is there
> something out there already, at least for creating the dependency graph text
> version? Since all dependencies are specified as an argument to the setup
> function, I would not immediately know how to extract that information,
> except than monkey patching into it.

I have a half-baked tool that analyzes Python module dependencies by
parsing import statements.  It was not as useful as I hoped, as the
graphs produced from SchoolTool sources were big and unwieldy.

Marius Gedminas
This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If
the problem persists, contact your vendor or appeal to a higher court.