On 11.05.2007, at 17:29, Chris Withers wrote:

Fred Drake wrote:
On 5/11/07, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I dunno, do we actually need an "offical big zope 3 release" anymore?
No.  What's more, we don't even want to use one anymore.

cool :-)

My only slight concern here is when people make changes in one satellite project, they break another one and don't realise. But I guess the buildbot should catch that, right?

i talked with jim about this and we agreed in that specifying versions in eggs is not a good idea. The best way imho is to use buildout's 'version' section in your application's buildout to nail down all eggs to a specific version.

The value of the big release is more for people who are new to Zope 3,
and want to take a look.  That's not an audience I'm good at judging,
either in terms of guessing what they really want, or in what makes
them take that first look.

Indeed, I'd suggest this is a market best persued by apps like Grok.

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk