On 5 Jul 2007, at 16:45 , Christian Theune wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2007, 16:32 +0200 schrieb Philipp von
Weitershausen:
Christian Theune wrote:
I've made the release branch for Zope 3.4, you can feel free to start
introducing changes for Zope 3.5 into the trunk of the tree.

It should be noted that the 'Zope3' tree actually contains little or no
code at this point.

I haven't yet see you make tags of the individual projects where
necessary. Will there be tags of those to represent their state in the
Zope 3.4.0b1 release? What about when we go final?

Right. I will make tags when we go final, I won't make tags until then
because it's such a pain to keep them synchronised.

Fair enough.

After the 3.4 final,
we will (hopefully) never again point an external to a branch or the
trunk but to tags and update the references as needed.

Agreed. Note that a few packages already have 3.4.x with x>=0 tags. Not that that's a problem, just so you know :).

I'm not sure what the interaction patterns are, e.g. who's responsible
for updating the tree's pointers to newer packages. The maintainers of
those packages? They probably know best ...

I disagree. While Stephan raises a few good points that still need to be adressed for the tree, I personally prefer not working with the tree anymore. If people want to keep it around, that's fine, but then they should maintain it.