On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 03:30:22PM -0400, Benji York wrote:
> >        Digression: syntax highlighting the diffs helps immensely.
> >        Check out
> >        http://svn.zope.org/zope.testing/branches/colorized-output/
>
> I'm very much looking forward to that branch being merged to the trunk.

Merged.

>  I have a feature suggestion: it would be nice to have a switch to say
> "colorize output, unless stdout isn't a terminal", so piping the output
> to a pager (or file) doesn't result in polluted output.

There's a little complication: when you have test layers that don't
support tearDown, some of the tests are run in a subprocess, where
stdout isn't a terminal (it's a pipe), but all the output will be copied
verbatim to the stdout of the parent process (which may or may not be a
terminal).

It's not that hard to remove the -c flag when you're adding |less to the
command line.  Or you could use |less -R and have colourful and
scrollable output.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Nothing ever goes missing that they don't look at me, ever since that
time I lost my horse. As if that could be helped. He was white and it