Fred Drake wrote:

I think "site" is widely understood term in Zope 3 now and everyone knows
about it. We gain absolutely nothing by renaming it. I think ""
would be a great package name for "ISite" and friends.

Widely understood, yes.  Frankly, I've *never* liked it, because it
doesn't tightly relate to my more casual ideas on what a "site" is on
the web.  It compontent registry *can* represent a site in that sense,
but that's as much an implementation detail as anything (IMO).

The existing APIs certainly can't change, but I'd love to see more
reasonable name used for a new package that's less tied to supporting
web applications.

FWIW, I recently had to explain the concept of a "site" in Zope 3 and how a Plone site root object is a "site" that has a "site manager" and ... it got very confusing.

Acquisition is a jealous mistress