after thinking the problem over at gocept we came to the following
- A site is a place which gives acces to a component registry.
- ISite isn't a good name for the concept behind it, because it is
connected too tight to a website and on having hierarchical
structures (at least in the code).
- In long term a more abstract concept for ISite could be added.
- In short term, for cleaning up dependencies, I propose to move
ISite to zope.location, because it is the only package outside of of
zope.app.* which uses ISite and defindes a method to get the nearest
site. We think this is the right place because ISite is about
component registries in the context of location.
- zope.app.component.interfaces then can import ISite from the new
place to avoid deprectation.
gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon: +49 345 12298898 · fax: +49 345 12298891
Zope3-dev mailing list