On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Grok will pick up the balls Zope 3 dropped here.

Hm. I didn't think Zope 3 was animate.  Who are you referring to?

We actually care about a Grok version as it's the main way to get people to actually use Zope 3 stuff.

We noticed this while we were going through egg dependencies by the way, not "using a Zope 3 version".

I don't know what you are trying to say.

Anyway, I personally don't care much that Zope 3.4 is unusuable without a massive investment in time sorting through eggs,

It's a shame that you are taking this view.

as we have fixed the problem with Grok. If non-Grok users are interested in our fixes, please let us know though. We've just made this massive investment. I'd suggest people to switch to Grok anyway, as we actually think about this stuff and care about having our house in order.

Are you suggesting that other people aren't thinking about this and don't care?

I hope that the proposal for setting up a known-good-set index will be helpful. I'm sure Stephan would like to know the versions you chose. I imagine he'll be able to get those by looking at Grok.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation