On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hi there,

zope.error is a 3.5 egg, but is needed by 3.4.x releases. I guess this also happened because large package refactorings happened and were released as 3.4.x releases. It's pretty bizarre to run into, though.
The satellite projects have version #s that are independent from the Zope version #s. Any similarity is a hysterical accident. :)

I don't understand.

Probably because you didn't provide specifics so My answer is to a different question than you may have been asking. :)

zope.error is zope.app.error,

I don't know what this means.

but moved to a new place. zope.app.error, is, I understand, gone now.

I have no idea about this specific move. If there was a zope.app.error before, then distributions of it should still exist and new distributions should be backward compatible.

zope.error 3.5 is needed by:

  required by zope.app.applicationcontrol 3.4.1.
  required by zope.app.appsetup 3.4.1.
  required by zope.app.publication 3.4.2.

OK. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Are these "satellite projects"? What is a satellite project?

Yes. These are satellite projects. We use the word "satallite project" for the new individual egg projects to distinguish them from the classic Zope 3 tree.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation