On Oct 7, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

On 10/6/07, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- We need to decide what a Zope 3 release is (or maybe multiple
flavors). I favor copying the linux experiences, but have an open mind.

I'm not sure what you mean with that,

I mean we need to decide what a release is.

but for me, a known good set, or
what you call it, plus a buildout that uses this, would be enough for
a Zope 3.4 release.
If we easily can build the old standard downloadable tgz as well, then
fine, but it's not necessary.

That is my opinion too.

- We need a *realistic* (especially wrt available resources) process
for managing releases.  There are 2 aspects of this.  We shouldn't
make plans for which there aren't enough resources.  We also
shouldn't plan significant tasks that people won't care enough to
work on.  I think the classic Zope 3.4 release is a good example of a
large effort that really wouldn't benefit many people, if any.

Do you have a sort explanation on what is the missing resource? Is it,
as it was for 3.3, lack of people-hours with knowledge in fixing the
last bugs?

I'm not entirely sure. I just observe that this doesn't seem to be making much progress.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation