Reinhold Strobl wrote:
For instance, server A provides the views and server B provides business
functionality via utilities. As a side effect, this should help to increase
scalability, since I split functionality over multiple servers.

But how to I get them to work together? Is XML-RPC the right/only solution?

Have you looked at ZEO?

I've used the pattern of a backend server pumping content into a zeo storage server to be served out through an app server for years on one major project and that sounds like it'd work for your requirements above.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk