Dunno if this is the right list, but it's about Zope 3's i18n stuff and
Five and Zope 2.9, so if anyone can recommend a better list, please let
I did try and ask about this on the email@example.com list but got no
I have a ZODB-based Zope 2.7 app using PTS that I'm trying to move to
Zope 2.9 and I'd like to use the "latest and greatest" i18n stuff
available... I'm guessing this is the i18n stuff from Zope 3?
If so, are there any docs on making the transition I'm trying to make?
- Can my existing .pot and .po files be used?
- Are ZPT's marked up in the same way as they were in Zope 2?
- How would I mark up constant and computers strings in zodb-based
- Same question for External Methods.
- How do I ask the translation service what the currently negotiated
- How do I ask the translation service what all the available languages
are for a particular domain?
- How do a write/register a negotiator that choose a language based on
an attribute of the user object and then falls back to normal browser
negotiation if that attribute isn't present?
- How do I generate .pot files from ZPTs, Python Scipts and External
Methods? I used to use PTS' .missing functionality and just spider the
whole app. Is something similar available in Zope 2.9/3 land?
Many thanks for help with any/all of the above...
Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting
Zope3-users mailing list