On 4/19/07, Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 11:20:07AM +0200, Aleksander Kowalczyk wrote:
> I think I have similar problem with action renderer: I would like to
> a javascript handler for my action button.
> Unfortunately the renderer seems to not allow to pass any additional
> attributes for the html button (like onclick attribute).

Yes.  I recently needed to add a CSS class to an action button (in Zope
3.2 -- there's no time to port to 3.3/3.4 because Customers Demand
Features).  In the end I subclassed zope.formlib.form.Action and made
render a regular method that did what I wanted it to do.

> Leonardo,
> you mentioned about overriding the renderer adapter. This could also
> my problem, if possible. How to do that?

Reading zope/formlib/namedtemplate.txt might help.  You either have to
use ZCML overrides, or subclass zope.formlib.form.Action (or
attach marker interfaces to its instances, although that might not work
given its copy-on-__get__ descriptorish behaviour).

Can I somehow override this directive (from formlib/configure.zcml) in my
instance's etc/overrides.zcml ?
 <adapter factory=".form.render_submit_button" name="render" />

I think I asked about similar thing some time ago - and the response I
received was "no"...

Alek Kowalczyk