Hi Martijn. I am familiar with grok and the fun and welcoming community you have created. With the perspective I have suggested, releases are only sets with different names giving meaning to each set for developer groups.

As a project, grok is currently pinning eggs but can also provide a kgs for the set known as grok. The full story of zope is about the assembly of packages into projects. It need not be only one thing or the other which is the point. It is really up to individual developers to determine their flavor of zope and what it means to their own projects and style of development.

My thinking though is that we can create a more cohesive community if the code base were all known as 'zope' and developers are all working from the superset of zope (which is in essence just the code base of packages we all use).