Robin Becker wrote:

> I agree about the numbering, but even more I would like to know which
> version of Zope the book is supposed to be about.

When it hits the shelves, it will be about 2.3.  After that, we will
maintain the book to be in sync with the current release according to
the as-yet-unofficial documentation development process:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/DocumentationProcess/FrontPage

> It mentions stuff such
> as XSLT methods, perl methods and python methods none of which are in an
> official zope.

I belive all reference to xslt methods has been removed.  Python methods
will be part of the 2.3 release, and Perl methods are mentioned in the
book as being a component add on that must be installed.

> So is there an alpha of this future zope that we could
> use to check the book?

Check out Zope and Python Methods from CVS.  Perl Methods can be
downloaded from the Perl wiki on (I believe) dev.zope.org.

-Michel