Cyrille Bonnet wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to perform a post-processing on all HTTP responses, before they get sent to the browsers. I am using Zope 2.7.3 nad Plone 2.0.5.

I had a look at the ZServer class: it seems to be the right place, but I don't understand all the code there and I am afraid to break something :-(

Am I on the right tracks there? Could someone with great Zope knowledge be kind enough to point out which method I should change? (I want to change the HTML content, not the headers).

Any pointer would be appreciated.

I would recommend getting Apache or something like it to act as a proxy and do the rewriting there. That would likely be much cleaner than futzing with ZServer. Though I can't say exactly how this would be done.

But, yes, that's probably the right place to go. I believe, based on a very quick look at the code, that continue_request in lib/python/ZServer/HTTPServer.py is probably the last place to get a hold of the response before it's sent.

                --jcc

--
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/