--On 21. Juni 2005 23:04:12 +0100 Mark Barratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
or there's PHP, where the communities are probably more newbie-friendly
and there are loads of tutorials.

Don't compare PHP with Zope. PHP is a tiny language compared to the fat Zope frameworks. Working with Zope on the scripter level (ZPT, DTMl, ZSQL) requires similar skills as a PHP programmer. If you want to go beyond you have approach open-minded and come a with some solid knowledge in programming and understanding architectural issues in Zope. But when I read some questions here then I have the impression that people except that Zope solves their problems although neither they don't understand the problems themselves nor have the basic skills to reach the goal. That's not a but being newbie-friendly but one can expect as certain level of knowledge when you're working with Zope...e.g. the knowledge how HTML works (that's something kids learn at school nowadays).