--On 20. Juli 2005 12:43:22 +0100 Matt Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > ZEA's registration represents an abuse of registration
 > and management of international trademarks and the
 > misappropriation of a mark that is clearly the property
 > of Zope Corporation.

So why is Zope Foundation being used as a pawn in the corporate
strategies of Zope Corporation? I find this unclear intent pretty

Why did not ZEA came up with such arguments against the ZF *much earlier*?
The ZF proposal is out since some weeks. There was meanwhile an IRC chat with Rob, a lengthy discussion on the mailing list and Rob spoke at Europython. I can not remember having heard any objections from ZEA against this proposal. I have not heard any public statements of Paul Everitt at Europython during the ZF presentation *against* the ZF.

Speaking as independent developer - neither representing the interests of ZC nor of ZEA - I find these behind-the-curtain negotiations extremely counterproductive from the community point of view and definitely not in the sense of the Zope community.