I will let you know...but it was slightly off in the specs I gave. It was a
2.7.0 on RH9 and new install is 2.7.7 on RHE4.
If I take the offending text, cut and paste, and put on a different install of 2.7.5 on RHE4 then the encoding works fine and the characters show fine. Mainly bullets, apostrophes and quotes copied from a Word doc and pasted in as text to a dtml document.
I changed the LANG encoding for the zope user that zope runs as. But did not
change the root LANG encoding. If zope runs as zope does it START as zope or as
root? (Linux novice here if you could not tell already)
This did not seem to make a difference.

Only thing I can see at this point is the difference in zope version.

Nik - I will let you know if I do find out anything.

Allen

Niklas Saers wrote:
Hi Allen, I'm trying out the zope.conf solution proposed. Will you let
me know if you make progress here?

Cheers

  Nik