On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 04:09:31PM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 28. November 2005 15:52:25 +0100 Gerhard Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >Sure I object. Why should perfectly working code be removed. There is
> >no alternativ for heavy loaded sites which need integration of apache
> >and zope. mod_proxy is no alternativ because it raises the load even
> >further.
> >
> I've seen lots of heavy loaded Zope sites - I've not seen a single one
> using FastCGI. Can you give us some number about the FastCGI performance
> compared to the standard mod_rewrite approach? Let numbers speak....

I don't have exakt numbers. We started with pcgi and had heavy problems
under load. They disapeared with the fastCGI module coming wird zope 2.6
i gues. I ve tried mod_proxy back than but had many problems. I can not
test on the Production system as there are 40000 users on the system and
we have enougth Problems with Readconflictes and Session problems.

> But please read carefully...I wrote about deprecating the module but not
> about removing it as in my original posting. We want o make clear that
> FCGI is not supported.

Yes but if its deprecated it can disapear from any new version. And thats
an situation i'm not very comfortable with.

> You are of course free to use it as long as you need.

I know. I will read me in the FCGIServer and see if I can understand how
its work. But my time is Limited. (Running and developing a portal for i
40000 user with 3 Fulltime workers isn't that easy).

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |  on request
Germany            |                                    |