Andrew Milton wrote:

If there's noone around who can maintain it, then just say that. Don't say
there's 'a better way', because I can guarantee you the people using FCGI are
using it for a reason,

I haven't seen anyone come up with real justification for using FCGI...

I can imagine a pretty big set of people running Zope via FCGI who are
not running Apache.. I can also imagine that magical code fairies fight with
magical code trolls to the death to decide what pieces of code stay and which pieces go.

Uh? I'm not sure whether to ask for some of what you're on or just run away screaming ;-)