--On 28. November 2005 16:09:31 +0100 Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've seen lots of heavy loaded Zope sites - I've not seen a single one
using FastCGI. Can you give us some number about the FastCGI performance
compared to the standard mod_rewrite approach? Let numbers speak....But
please read carefully...I wrote about deprecating the module but not
about removing it as in my original posting. We want o make clear that
FCGI is not supported.
You are of course free to use it as long as you need.

Effective from Zope 2.9 I marked FCGI as deprecated - both in the documentation and through a deprecation warning in the sources. Please note that it does not mean that the FCGI might go away automatically in the future. This is basically a reminder for people using FCGI that there is a better way (in our opinion) to run Zope under Apache than using FCGI.