On 1/30/06, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --On 30. Januar 2006 17:39:11 +0000 Peter Bengtsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > It's not a strange product. It's quite simple in fact.
> > Not being able to refresh without restarting means that I can't use
> > Zope 2.9 for python product development.
> Why is refresh a requirement for doing Zope development? I am doing Zope
> development since five or six years and I have never done any development
> using Refresh...so there must be something very special with your
> development approach?!
Sorry. It's not a _requirement_. But without it I loose productivity.
(see my previous email on this topic with the human benchmark,
ValueErrors and lost SESSIONS).

I too have several years of zope programming beyond the ZMI and have
developed many products and refreshing is the only way I know to
quickly test changes.
Having to wait a few seconds for each test is not an option.

How do you solve this problem without refreshing? Or are you ready to
wait for the zope restart and avoid it by writing more unit tests?

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com
hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com